Lemon Tree Condo Up in Flames

A condo in the Lemon Tree complex was destroyed early Saturday after an eletrical problem in the attic sparked a fire.

Firefighters responded to the Lemon Tree condo just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday, and found flames shooting from the roof of the building.

 Fire crews said the woman living in the condo heard her smoke detector, saw black smoke coming from a back room and called for help.

The woman got out safely with her kids, but lost everything in the fire.

Because the roof of the condo was caving in, firefighters had to battle the blaze from above, but were able to get the fire under control in about 30 minutes.

The Lemon Tree condos are between S. John Young and S. Orange Blossom (not far from the Millennium Palms condos).

6 Comments

  1. I saw this on the news last night! The fire wasn’t contained to just one unit. 14 people are homeless because of this fire. The unit the fire originated in was RENTED to a single mother with two small children. The new report made a point to mention that everything the woman owned “including her rent money” was burned up in the fire. Investors really need to do a much better job of screening tenants.

  2. What do you mean when you say that investors really need to do a much better job of screening tenants? What does screening has to do with the fire?

  3. Justin, you are obviously a hateful person. Are you saying that investors should not rent to single mothers? Get a clue. How many fatherless children do you have out there?

  4. I WISH I WOULD OK SEEN THAT STATEMENT EARLIER !!!! I SEE HOW STUPID & HEARTLESS SOME PEOPLE CAN BE…JUST SO YOU KNOW I AM THAT SINGLE MOM OF 2 THAT HAD ALMOST LOST MY KIDS TO THAT FIRE !!!! LOSING EVERYTHING & STILL TRYING TO RECOVER ALMOST 2 YEARS LATER,I SEE HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE JUST HURTS.

    F.Y.I: “BEEN A SINGLE MOM DIDN’T STOP ME FROM PAYING MY BILLS”…& THAT DIDN’T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME LOOSING EVERYTHING A HAD,”THE FIRE DID”!!!!

  5. We need to learn how to love and care for others. I felt sorry for the lady with two smal children who loss everything i the fire. It was a blessing that God spared her life. What is wrong with renting to single mothers? The devil is always busy trying to steal, kill, and destroy other people lives.

  6. Justin, get your facts correct before you make such a statement. The tenants had nothing to do with the fire. I am an investor of a second floor unit that is now over a vacant lot. My son lived there and lost everything. We paid the association fees expecting to have insurance coverage to replace such a tragedy. From what I understand, the Association received insurance payment shortly after the fire but the building has not been rebuilt. Apparently it was under insured so the owners get nothing and the Association sits on the settlement money. Brenda, your last statement sums it up perfectly.

    And Brenda, your last statement is absolutely correct. I am an investor of

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *